Need English & Communication Excellence?
Time needed: 2 minutes
To Nearshore or to Offshore, that is the question.
- Selecting Dedicated Nearshore and/or Offshore Developers
If you are in need of Developers you have probably considered the Nearshoring option. If so, many questions will likely have come to mind….
– What are the English & communication skills of the developers?
– Are the Front End Developers from a “Low Context” (Western), or a “High Context” Culture?
– How are the candidates screened or vetted?
– How much will it cost?
– How will the developers be managed?
– How many hours of workday overlap?
– Why should I work with Cloud App Developers to select Developers?
– What is the hiring process?
– How quickly can I build a team?
- What Are The English & Communications Skills Of The Developers?
ANSWER: Cloud App Developers employs a variety of techniques to measure the English & communication skills of each developer. For English language skills we use the Cambridge English Assessment. This assessment uses the Common European Framework of Reference, (CEFR). The CEFR has six levels from beginner (A1) to very advanced (C2). The CEFR describes the things a language speaker can do at each of these six levels and focuses on speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Are the Front End Developers from a “Low Context” (Western), or a “High Context” Culture?
ANSWER: Both. In order to help ensure English & Communications Excellence, we continually train our developers to communicate in a Low Context (Western) fashion with the goal of improving the probabilities of success.
- How are the candidates screened or vetted?
ANSWER: Each Developer is tested for actual skills, including: coding languages, structures, frameworks, specialization, etc. For English language skills we use the Cambridge English Assessment. Developers are tested & trained on “Low Context” cultural communication, as well problem solving skills.
- How much will it cost?
ANSWER: There are many variables (offshore, nearshore, seniority levels, etc.) making this question impossible to accurately answer without additional information. We are happy to review your specific requirements and issue a proposal based upon that information.
- How will the developers be managed?
ANSWER: Developers can be managed in the following fashions:
A. Dedicated Teams. A dedicated team works autonomously & issues status information as required. These Agile teams issue feedback during testing to shape design & functions.
B. IT Staff Augmentation. Functioning as an extension of your internal development teams, these developers attend your regular meetings & report to your managers.
C. Time & Materials. The customer provides the precise scope & oversees project.
D. Fixed Price. Mostly used for short term projects. Delivery criteria & scheduling must be clearly determined in advance.
- How many hours of workday overlap?
ANSWER: This will vary based upon your selection of nearshore or offshore resources. Resources in Latin America can have a minimum of 5 hours overlap. Resources in India & Central Europe have less, if any overlap, dependent upon your USA location.
- Why should I work with Cloud App Developers to select Developers?
ANSWER: Cloud App Developers is an engineering company. We know how to screen developers for coding, problem solving & language/communication skills.
- What is the “hiring” process?
ANSWER: 3 EASY STEPS….
1. Share your specific developer requirements, include “must have” selection criteria.
2. Schedule interviews & get-to-know the developers to see if they’re a good match for you.
3. Finalize your developer selections & engagement model.
- How quickly can I build a team?
ANSWER: It depends on a number of factors. Some developers are in great demand, while others are easier to identify. In general, 3-5 days is usually enough time for us to select viable options for you to examine. Of course, the more lead time you can give the better.
Developer Screening Process
Technical English Proficiency
For Agile, “English At Speed” Is The Standard
Developers Trained For “Low-Context” Communication
Problem Solving Aptitude
Our Customers Expect Engineers
Code Reviews For All Developers